The Centre for Applied Environmental Research
One of the key objectives of CERAM is to assess the radon exposure and the impact on public health. Radon is classified by the International Agency for Research on Cancer as the leading carcinogen, being the second leading cause of lung cancer after smoking.
- Consolidation of the existing research directions of excellence within the two main laboratories: the Radon Testing Laboratory “Constantin Cosma” and the Environmental Geochemistry Laboratory
- Contribution to the scientific research by starting new research directions
- Creating the premises for a partnership between researchers, environmental authorities, civil society and the business community
- Dissemination of the research results and increasing visibility within the international scientific community
- Human resource training through skills transfer
- Technology transfer to the business and industry environment